Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thom Browne for GQ....



Designing is so easy - it's the business that is hard. That's why you really have to respect Ralph Lauren - look at what he's done. Anybody who can sustain themselves should be applauded.

I don't still have the five suits I wore when I first started the label. I probably gave them away to friends of mine.

Walking through airports these days is the worst. It's not that I expect people to dress like me, in a suit, but they could try a little harder. It's really sad. I travel with two suits, a couple of shirts, running stuff: that's it. Travel lightly - that's the best tip.

I've always dressed the same. I've never made a fashion mistake. I've always worn utilitarian. I started my collection because I wanted certain specific things, but before that it was vintage and classic Brooks Brothers. The rest here....